What to do on Martha's Vineyard in the fall
I know when a lot of people think of Martha's Vineyard they immediately think of the Obamas riding their bikes, gorgeous homes and warm summer days. However, there's way more to the vineyard then that. Every time I mention I live on Martha's Vineyard year around, I always get a weird look followed by the question, "what do you do in the off-season?" So here is a list of some fun things to do in the fall on Martha's Vineyard and stay tuned for what to do in the winter.
1. Pick up a jalapeño biscuit breakfast sandwich from 7A. Breakfast is served until 11 a.m. but I would get yours early before they run out for the day.
2. Enjoy delicious food and yummy wine at the food and wine festival in October. Experience local favorites in food and wine during a four day long list of events, including brunches, dinners and wine tastings. Tickets can be purchased online. Don’t forget to try some oysters!
3. Rent a jeep and get lost on a dirt road, you never know what local treasure you may find.
4. Toss on your cowgirl boots and head to the Annual Barn Raisers Ball at the Ag Hall in November.
4. Warm up with a cup of fresh chowder or lobster bisque from Menemsha Fish Market. If you are daring try the Lobster Nachos, you won’t regret it.
5.Get in the Halloween spirit with the Halloween parade in Vineyard Haven followed by adult fun at the loft. Costumes aren’t required, but they sure are fun – so why not?
6. Go shopping on the quaint New England streets of the vineyard. Shameless plug, one of our favorite stores is MV Allston, but of course we are not the only store on the Vineyard. Some of are other fave stores are Driftwood Jewelry store, Refabless Decour and Rainy Day.
8. Take a hike. Literally. We recommend and one of the many beautiful trails in Cedar Tree Neck Sanctuary.
9. Make best friends with an alpaca at Island Alpaca Company. Make it a family affair and enjoy a weekend story time in the barn.